The opening date of Japan’s most famous ski resort, Niseko, is fast approaching and travellers are starting to get excited as images of snow settling across the mountains start to pop up online. With an average of 15+ meters of snow each year, it’s easy to see why Niseko draws so much interest from across the globe.
It’s hard to believe that just 20 years ago, the Niseko area was hardly known to anyone outside of Japan. The powder paradise has rapidly evolved from the sleepy mountain village it once was to the thriving international resort that it is today with comfortable, boutique accommodation now a hallmark of the Niseko area.
Haven Niseko is one of the best examples of Niseko’s signature style, with spacious bedrooms and floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views of Mt. Yotei and Grand Hirafu ski resort. It features self-contained apartments of various sizes – studio suites, two and four bedroom apartments, and two exclusive four bedroom penthouses, all just a few minutes’ walk to the lifts.
Staying in Niseko is now more affordable than ever as tour operator SkiJapan.com has extended their “Deep Powder Sale” with discounts now up to 40% off for accommodation in Niseko. There are many different styles of accommodation to suit groups and budgets of any size. The Deep Powder Sale does not have an expiry date, however it is subject to availability and will expire as rooms fill.
- Haven Niseko is now up to 40% off, with savings up to ¥49,485 (approx. $600 AUD) per night.
- The nightly rate is ¥12,370 (approx. $150 AUD) per person after discounts.
- Based on 2 bedroom plus bunk room between 05 Jan-01 Feb & 10-19 Feb 2019
- Alpen Ridge is now up to 30% off, with savings up to ¥36,630 (approx. $450AUD) per night.
- The nightly rate is ¥21,370 (approx. $260AUD) per person after discounts.
- Based on 2 bedroom standard between 12 Jan-01 Feb & 10-19 Feb 2019
- The Kamui Niseko is now up to 25% off, with savings up to ¥38,595 (approx. $470 AUD) per night.
- The nightly rate is ¥19,300 (approx. $235AUD) per person after discounts.
- Based on 3 bedroom between 12 Jan-01 Feb & 10-19 Feb 2019
- Niseko is 50km southwest of Sapporo, and is about 2.5hrs from the closest airport: New Chitose Airport (CTS).
- Niseko receives an average of 15+ meters of snow each season.
- Niseko United is made up of 4 resorts – Hanazono, Grand Hirafu, Niseko Village & Annupuri.
- Grand Hirafu and Annupuri are predicted to open on 23rd November 2018 – Subject to weather.
This offer is available through SkiJapan.com consultants, as well as trusted travel agents.
More information about the “Deep Powder Sale” is online: http://www.skijapan.com/deep-powder-sale.
*Rates in AUD are subject to changes in exchange rates.